Here is an interesting result. I was thinking about what it might means when a person declares, 'so-and-so was saved!' I did a search through associated expressions and occurances in the NIV Bible, and noted the following:
Was saved none!
Am saved 2 Old Testament occurances
(2 Sam 22:4 NIV) I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
(Psa 18:3 NIV) I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies
Were saved 3 occurances
(Psa 22:5 NIV) They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.
(Rom 8:24 NIV) For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?
(1 Pet 3:20 NIV) who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water
Be saved 50 times! - a celebration of or call to process
Being saved 4 New Testament occurances
(Acts 2:47 NIV) praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
(Acts 27:20 NIV) When neither sun nor stars appeared for many days and the storm continued raging, we finally gave up all hope of being saved.
(1 Cor 1:18 NIV) For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
(2 Cor 2:15 NIV) For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
